Direct Care Youth Worker – Weekend Shift
The Children’s Home of Easton has immediate openings available for full-time Direct Care staff on its weekend shift, Saturday & Sunday 8am – midnight. It is a 16 hour shift both days. Direct Care staff are responsible for the physical and emotional well – being of each client placed under his or her supervision.
About Us: The Children’s Home of Easton is a private nonprofit organization that was established in 1885. We provide a caring, nurturing environment for children in need as well as providing assistance to their families. We provide a continuum of services, including group care and other family-like programs in a safe and compassionate atmosphere. We are fiscally responsible and provide long-term care through professional staff who guide, support, and encourage children to believe in their own self-worth and reach their full potential.
General duties and responsibilities of the position are as follows:
- Constant supervision of clients, including room/safety checks when required
- Ensure client safety and personal development by following program rules and safety plans
- Medication administration
- Daily note taking and other communication when necessary
- Basic housekeeping duties and maintaining cleanliness of the building
- Transportation of clients using company vehicles
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and maintain professionalism in stressful situations
- Attend meetings on a weekly/monthly basis and annual trainings when required
The Children’s Home of Easton offers the following to all full-time employees:
- Health & Dental plans
- Paid Time Off (Vacation) & Holiday pay
- 403B Retirement plan with Agency matching
- High School Diploma or GED
- Driver’s License
- Must be 21 years or older
* All applicants are required to pass a physical examination by a licensed professional and must clear all required Pennsylvania Child Abuse & Criminal checks in accordance with state laws, including a review of his/her driving record.
All interested applicants should submit a current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org