Direct Care – Weekdays Second Shift
The Children’s Home of Easton has immediate openings available for full-time Direct Care staff on its weekday position, 2:45 pm – 11:00 pm / 4:00 pm – 12:00 am. Direct Care staff are responsible for the physical and emotional well-being of each client placed under his or her supervision.
About Us: The Children’s Home of Easton is a private nonprofit organization that was established in 1885. We provide a caring, nurturing environment for children in need as well as providing assistance to their families. We provide a continuum of services, including group care and other family-like programs in a safe and compassionate atmosphere. We are fiscally responsible and provide long-term care through professional staff who guide, support, and encourage children to believe on their own self-worth and reach their full potential.
General duties and responsibilities of the position are as follows:
- Constant supervision of clients, including room/safety checks during sleep hours
- Ensure client safety and personal development by following program rules and safety plans
- Medication administration
- Daily note-taking and other communication when necessary
- Basic housekeeping duties and maintaining cleanliness of the building
- Transportation of clients using company vehicles
- Ability to work with supervision and maintain professionalism in stressful situations
- Attend meetings and annual trainings when required
The Children’s Home of Easton offers the following to all full-time employees:
- Health & Dental Plans
- Paid Time Off (Vacation) & Holiday Pay
- 403b Savings Plan with Agency Matching
- High School Diploma or GED
- Driver’s License
- Over 21 Years Old
- Must work holidays, school closings, and early dismissals
*All applicants are required to pass a physical examination by a licensed professional and must clear all required Pennsylvania Child Abuse & Criminal checks in accordance with state laws, including a review of his/her driving record.